I'm Sleeping Out on November 16th
First of all, thanks for caring enough about homeless youth to get to this page. As a skeptical journalist I never used to get personally involved with causes but after being exposed to Covenant House, I'm all in.
Working with the kids Covenant House supports actually made me do something I never considered: join a non-profit Board and dive in instead of observing from the sidelines. I hope you can help me help the kids.
And that’s what this event is all about: raising the money that’s needed to not only give homeless youth a safe, clean, supportive environment but also to run the programs that help them with health-care, education, life-skills training, job placement and long-term housing.
Simply put we ask our friends to support us while we spend a night in November sleeping outdoors so that the kids don’t have to sleep out… So they don’t become victims of sex-trafficking or are forced to exchange sex for a place to sleep... So they aren’t hungry... So they have a shot at building a future when life served them up with circumstances beyond their control… So they can overcome the abuse they suffered at the hands of the adults in their life, or recover from being shunned by their own families because of their sexual preference.
Covenant House Georgia is the largest service provider for homeless youth in Georgia. Here’s what a donation means:
- $100 pays for 24-hour Crisis Care for one kid.
- $250 covers the fuel for our outreach van for one week so we can go out and find kids who need our services.
- $500 pays for a holiday meal or party for the kids in our shelter who have nowhere else to go.
- $1,000 pays for workforce training, so a homeless kid can get a job.
- $5,000 pays for 5 young people to develop the skills that will lead to their first job.
- $10,000 pays for a month of sleep and safety in our crisis shelter.
Please help me help the kids. I’ll do the sleeping and getting cold for you and do it with pleasure. Your gift will help provide the future these kids deserve.
Click "Donate Now" to support my efforts.