On November 16, I'll be sleeping on the sidewalk for one night in Washington, D.C. to raise awareness, and funds, for the thousands of homeless children who do the same, every single night, in our country.
I'm doing this "Sleep Out" with the Covenant House organization, whose mission it is to provide these children with safe shelter, social services, education, and job training so they can become adults without having to worry about the threat of poverty, violence, and homelessness.
My goal is to raise $5,000 for this incredible cause. Please help me get closer to this goal, and click "Donate Now" to make a donation in support of the Sleep Out on November 16. Every bit helps.
So...this is for the kids who spend the night...every night...without a roof over their heads, without warmth, and without the certainty that my family and I have every single day. We are beyond fortunate.
As an added bonus, I'll run a few video updates on Facebook Live throughout the night so you can get a feel for what it's like out there.
Here's what your donation can achieve for the kids at Covenant House:
• $50 provides a week of meals for one child
• $100 provides the first 24-hours of care for a young person in need during a storm
• $275 provides medical care for one teen or young adult
• $500 fuels a street outreach van for two weeks
• $1,000 provides a young man or woman with job training and employment preparation