I'm Sleeping Out on March 24th, 2017!
If you've reached this page, you probably already know how important Covenant House is to me and you might also know that the facts surrounding homeless youth are staggering:
- 57% of homeless kids spend at least one day of every month without food.
- 50% of the teenagers who age out of the foster care and juvenile justice systems will be homeless within six months, with limited education and no social support.
- 46% of homeless kids left home because of physical abuse.
This event (in which we will spend the night outside in the Covenant House parking lot for one night) raises critical funds for the shelter so that it can help meet the immediate needs of homeless young people in LA. They don’t just get kids off the streets and away from at-risk situations, they help kids so they can stay off the streets for good.
Here are some ways your donation can help a kid at Covenant House:
- $15: One new personal hygiene kit and toiletries
- $25: Books to help a homeless youth to further their education
- $50: Three nutritious meals for one resident every day for one week
- $100: 24-hour Crisis Care for one resident for one day
- $250: The cost of fuel for an outreach van for one week
- $500: A holiday meal or festive party for homeless youth who have nowhere else to go
- $1000: The cost to furnish a safe, clean, and comfortable bedroom at Covenant House
It will be uncomfortable. It will be dark. But for one night a year I can give up the comforts of home knowing that – by doing so - I can bring warmth and hope to young people who need it most.
By participating in the Sleep Out, I am doing my small part to make sure the doors stay open for all who need them. Please help me help youth by supporting my Sleep Out. Click "Donate Now" to make a donation in support of my efforts!